Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Top 10 Most Memorable Things About Picking Huckleberries

On a recent trip with my family to pick huckleberries I came away refreshed and at peace which made me wonder – why do I so enjoy this past-time. Certainly the reward doesn’t outweigh the benefit.

Nonetheless, I came up with my own top 10 list as follows.

1) 1. The Smell - Such smells bring back wonderful memories

2)  2. Everybody comes back with the same purple stain their behind

3)  3. Camaraderie

4)  4.  Mosquito Bites – It’s worth it.

5)  5. Getting car-sick on the windy road up.

6)  6. Competition – Who can pick the most in a given time-frame.

7)  7. Four tasty huckleberry goodies – jam, cobbler, ice-cream, pancakes

8)  8. Absolute silence – how often do we get that?

9)  9. Realizing your dog just ate half the berries you just spent the last hour picking.

10 10. Spilling your jar of huckleberries on the ground.

See and download the full gallery on posterous

Posted via email from livingidaho

No comments:

Post a Comment